Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Flying Along

Whoa! January took off running and I can feel it starting to get away from me, so will put some quick words down while I can. The clod snap here FINALLY ended last week and it has been wonderful ever since-in the 40s and 50s-I feel like it is spring time! It will get colder again and may even snow more, but the reprieve has been just in time for...

our new heat system is finally getting installed! It has pretty much been a three ring circus operation putting it in and although they started last Thursday may not be done until late this week or early next (yuck), but we are not paying for the work and I think when all is said and done it will be an effective and efficient heating system, which is all we asked for in the first place.

I finished my Musculoskeletal class last Monday with a big comprehensive final that I studied and studied for and just nearly aced. It made the studying all worth it. We dove right into a new class on Tuesday though (Musculoskeletal Pathologies) and we have a final for it tomorrow-it should be pretty manageable. I absolutely LOVE our new teacher and, thankfully, she will also be teaching our other really big course, Anatomy and Physiology which will start the first of February. She is a naturopathic doctor (has the official schooling), was a history and art major in undergrad, a massage therapist for 10 years and now a doctor/massage school teacher etc. She is supper knowledgeable, organized, easy to listen to and has a great perspective on massage, medicine, health and the human body. It helps to have good teachers.

I am slowly getting more and more confident at my 50 minute massage work and have lined up some massages with a girl who teaches pilates at Pilates Fusion and some of her friends. I did her last week and am doing three more this week which is both great practice and a good confidence builder. Before long we will be working in the clinic for real-I am both excited and nervous.

Other than that, life is zipping along. My days are pretty much being consumed by school even on the days out of school and I am glad I don't have kids or a part-time job to try balancing also. It is allowing me to really focus on what I am paying for.

Okay, that seems like the short and long of it for a quickie entry. Hope all is well in your corner of the world wherever that may be.

1 comment:

Paxton said...

Ah school.
and you thought it was behind you :-)
Oh well, you always seemed to have more fun with the learning part of school than was healthy anyway ;-)
Glad you guys have settled in over there!