Tuesday, August 4, 2009

From March's draft Folder

I wrote this back in the day and didn't post it for some reason, when I checked in on the blog for like the first time in forever (just now) and realized I had done this, I figured I may as well put it up although it's all old news....

It's funny how something about traveling or being on the go makes me more tuned in to putting posts in here, that it makes me feel life is more interesting to write about. I mean, part of that is true, but at the same time, if it is something I enjoy and there are still people far away from me that I want to be able to stay in touch with, then why not keep writing, right?

Anyway, time has flown since we arrived back in Driggs. We spent the first few weeks doing a lot of work for my parents on a little house in town that they own as a rental and moved in here the first part of March. It is wonderful to have our own space that is only ours, especially because we hadn't ever had it before! I love the colors we've painted things and it feels good to have a home that is "ours," even if it is temporary. My cat Buddy, who was living with my parents, is living with us and keeps us both good company, although he is a little liberal when it comes to sharing his cat hair, but what can you do?

Winter is still hanging on here, which is not our favorite season by far. However, we were lucky enough to have a few friends give us a few free ski passes at Grand Targhee, so managed to go up skiing a few times (on a sunny day of course :)) which was really fun. I think everyone in Driggs is ready for spring and summer though, ourselves included. 

The third weekend in March (the 21st) my parent's hosted a wedding reception/celebration for us here in Driggs which was absolutely wonderful. Some of my mom's family came up for the weekend, along with a few of my good friends from Whitman and plenty of local friends. We had the reception at the Lynn Ranch, located up near the base of the mountains in between Driggs and Victor. I got to wear my wedding dress again (smiles!) and it was great to see so many people and have everyone meet Noah. (We joked that it was his "coming out" party.)

In addition to the reception wonderfulness, my younger sister, Robin, was home for two weeks at spring break and she FINALLY got to meet Noah, which was way past due. Also, it was just great for me to see her and catch up, since I've missed her the last several months and there was just so much to catch up with!

For the last several weeks, Noah and I have been helping my Dad run the Junior Jazz program in the valley (little league basketball) by refing games and running the game clock. It's sort of fun/torture though because the kids can be so darn cute and have so much fun, but on the other hand, people take it too seriously sometimes (parent's mainly) and it is no fun watching the same teams loose week after week (that doesn't always happen, but there were a few this year). However, last Friday was the last game, which I think we are both thankful for, but will also miss it a little...maybe.

In general, we are in a position of being pretty free with our time (noah more than myself) which is nice, but also a bit challenging for us both individually and as a couple. It's something we both aren't very used to, but I think it is a good lesson for us to learn. This week we are doing a spring cleanse which involves a modified diet for seven days and yoga classes every night for five. Our first yoga class is tonight and it has been nice to know we won't be crazy working or anything for the week. 

Right after the cleanse ends, we are heading to Las Vegas (of all places) with my parents for a week vacation in the sun. It's not the normal type of Vegas vacation though, that's not my parent's or us! The main draw is really cheap airfare hotel etc and warm, sunny weather, plus a week away from here. We are both looking forward to it, although keep shaking our heads in disbelief that we are actually going. I think it will be good for us though, apparently there is all sort of cool desert hikes to do around the area and I, at least, am down for the pool, some tennis etc. 

I guess as hum-drum as that feels, it is a short re-cap on the last few months bringing us up to now! Hopefully in the future I will write more frequently (because I enjoy it) and then be in a position where giving the quickest summary won't be necessary!

Oh, and I guess, Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Paxton said...

haha, about time to update i think!
miss you, glad you are alive and well :-)