Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home Again

Well, we are back in Driggs, and strangely enough, it feels to me pretty much just like it did before I left last time. Except now it is winter. Funny how that is. 

We arrived home and basically jumped right into, well, everything. We have been quite busy the two weeks since coming back, which has been a good thing overall I believe. The wedding reception has been finalized and organized. I think I have managed to send paper invites/announcements to many who would like to have one or may be able to come. However, I know I have missed people (if you've ever done it yourself, you know how knarly the address tracking down can be, especially short notice) and, at this point, I would like to say that if I missed anyone who can or would like to come, please don't be offended, rather go to the website we have to find out the details and to RSVP! The website is: http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/MarthaHansen&NoahBarge 

It is good to be back, as wonderful as being in Australia was and, even though we still don't always know what we are doing, we are in a much better physical location to try and deal with the obstacles in front of us. Plus, for me, it is beyond wonderful to be home with me parents and to have them meet Noah. The hardest part is that Robin has yet to do so, but she will be home for spring break very soon and I can hardly wait to see her. 

We are currently living in the guest room/basement area at my parents, which is actually working out quite well--particularly because we don't plan to stay for too long. We have been helping them out by re-painting and getting ready for a small(yet major) remodel of one of their rental houses here in town and are hoping to be able to move in there in the next couple of weeks, even if only for a few months. Winter is definitely here, but the last few weeks have been quite sunny and warm for February, so it's helping us ease into things. Life is just cruising along and doing well! Love to all!

No comments: