Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Beach

Last weekend Robin and I headed southeast to Charleston, SC for a late-season beach trip. It was fabulous! We didn't actually go swimming due to some windy conditions and slightly cooler temps, but sure did enjoy beach lounging! The trip was brief, we got there Sunday evening and left early Tuesday morning, but managed to feel like we were on vacation. We stayed at a hostel near downtown and walked down through the main drag to the water Monday morning. That afternoon we drove out to Foley beach and stopped at a Goodwill on the way back and shopped our second hand hearts out. We had dinner at this restaurant on the water called Fleet's Landing (on recommend of a friend from work) and enjoyed ourselves immensely.

It was also neat to drive out of the mountains on our way down and definitely be able to tell that we were driving back into them on the way home. Although different from the mountains at home, it is nice to come home to mountains. (Although, I will say that I for one quite enjoyed the flat, bike friendly terrain of Charleston. Sometimes all the little hills here in Asheville are exhausting!).

Back here in Asheville, I am enjoying one of the most beautiful fall seasons in my memory. The leaves are still not all turned (there are so many!) and peak leaf week won't be here until the end of October, but the weather is cool and crisp in the evenings and mornings and is warming up to the 70s during the day. The air has cleared up compared to the summer and the weather just makes me want to be outside when at all possible.

The restaurant is treating both Robin and I well, although I do have moments where I tire of the job. All in all though, I like the people I work with and continue to make good money there, which is a security I am grateful for immensely! And, speaking of work...it is time for me to go get ready for my Saturday night shift.

No comments: