Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Changes

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes! (well, can't you always really say that about life?)

So, it's almost September already and, although I'm not 100% sure how, I have managed to arrive here with it in (mostly) one piece. Thank heavens! The last few weeks have been full of a lot of remembering-what my life like was last August, or the August before, or the August before that. Each year has been so different! I must say, even though I do like variety, I'm ready for the swings to be a little less drastic than they have been the last few years.

So, the great change news is that I landed a new massage job that I'm really excited about. I'm working as an independent contractor at a Chiropractor's office literally a minute walk from my house. The practice has been there almost 20 years and I really like the staff and the doctor who works there. I'm getting paid a fair split for my work (especially for this area) and am still free to practice elsewhere. So far, it is going really well there and I am so grateful to have gotten the job! By far the most important change this makes in my life is that, by the middle of September I will be paying my bills primarily with massage work! Definitely a first. Does that mean I am officially a massage therapist then??

Another big change that effects me but really isn't mine, is that Robin started classes this week at Daoist Traditions where she will spend the next four years getting a Masters in Oriental Medicine and becoming a Licensed Acupuncturist. This means she is going to be super busy between work, full-time school, and studying. Maybe it's time for me to make a few more friends in the area...I'm so excited for her and am looking forward to being proxy to her learning, I'm sure I'll pick a few more things up!

I am still loving Asheville, particularly the climate. Summer was a little on the hot side, but we survived sans AC and now you can feel a hint of fall in the air with a nice breeze, days in the 80s nights in the 60s...it's lovely. Plus, it will continue to be so for another 3 months! The house we moved into feels like home. The location is great (although we wish there were fewer speedy loud scooters zipping by), the space is great, the housemates are great. Overall a nice shift, although I do miss the pool from the condo quite a bit...but the trade-offs of moving have been well worth it. The cats continue to entertain constantly, they are both so goofy and quirky. We are happy to find that they are both terrified by (moving) cars and are very good at running the other direction when one is even thinking of getting close to them.

And life goes on...


No comments: