Friday, May 18, 2012

May Flowers

What a fun month May is turning out to be!

To begin with, the weather has been f-a-bulous. Lots of sun combined with dynamic thunderstorms and temperatures in the 70s. I am still loving my new office and seem to be keeping busy (enough) in the money making department. Many days in the last several weeks I find myself very grateful that I don't work a traditional 40 hour work week (although my erratic work schedule does have it's drawbacks).

I have been playing golf on a semi-regular basis at the local municipal course and am enjoying reconnecting with a hobby I've let sit for a few years. In general life feels more social. The season of summer festivals has started here in AVL and it is impossible to go to everything. It is fun though. Being downtown, it is a little bit of a shock to transition back into tourist season mode, but I love all the people out and about.

Just yesterday Robin and I finished putting in a garden at the house that we are both excited about. It took us a little longer than we hoped to get the grass turned up and the soil tilled, but the hardest part is over. In addition to getting the garden ready, I've spent some time outdoors in the yard potting plants, weeding etc and am glad to be in a house instead of an apartment where I can do so. The only part I don't love is mowing the lawn...oh well though.

Our current roommate, Caitlin, will be moving out the end of this month. She is taking the summer off and traveling in South America. We will miss her, but are also excited for our new roommate Zach to move in. Caitlin will be back in AVL this fall so it's not a forever goodbye, which is good.

Robin is wrapping up her first year of acupuncture school and has comprehensive exams next week. I can hardly believe she's finished her first year, so I can't imagine how she feels. I really enjoy being close to her learning/growing practice and think the medicine she is learning is so powerful. In general, time seems so relative to me right now. Like, in two weeks, I'll be turning 28. What? College was 6 years ago...high school 10...I don't feel like I'm aging, why must the rest of the world insist that I am? :) Fun though.

Time to move on to the rest of my day!

No comments: