Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

Life in Asheville keeps flying along. We spent the last week surviving 90-100 heat without AC, which can get a little tedious. It cooled off yesterday though and is 70 degrees and raining today. Whew!

Robin and I took a long weekend down to Charleston, SC the second week of June. We went down with Jeremy Noble (who is in Robin's class at Daoist Traditions--DT) and stayed at his mother's condo. He has lived in the area for the last 10 years. It was a great trip. On the way home however, I rear-ended a truck in front of me on the interstate...luckily in stop and go traffic! Long story short, we were temporarily stranded, got the car fixed and made it home safe and sound. Saving you all the details, this was the beginning of a process that ended with me buying a new (used) car last week! I bought a silver 2008 Toyota Prius and so far am really loving it. We are still getting to know one another, but I'm pretty sure her name is Sexy Sadie :)

I also took a short trip up to Yogaville a week and half later to visit my friends Hope and Elissa. I stayed with Hope and sort of flew under the radar as far as the Ashram goes, but it was really nice to revisit the place and the people for two days. It did not take long though for me to be itching to get back home to Asheville though, which I took as a good sign.

Our new roommate, Zach, has been great so far. He is kind and considerate and clean, what more can one hope for? Although, Robin and I both miss Caitlin's company at times, but she's off in South America right now so...

I'm still in the slow, and at times, emotionally/physically/mentally draining process of building my practice, but am, overall succeeding in the effort. I still LOVE my new office and finally have things hanging on the wall and everything in order.

I do still have plenty of moments in which I am questioning everything I am and everything I am doing in my life, but know it is all a journey. Today while I was on a morning walk, coming down a little hill, I had the thought that maybe the trick is to live a little more like my Prius drives for the best gas mileage--coasting on the downhills, remembering to ease up off the accelerator pedal, speeding up and braking less and instead trying to maintain a more consistent and flowing tempo...The thought made me chuckle a little at myself. Although, there is something in there about the path of least resistance...:)

No comments: